Faculty of Mathematics and Information Science
Founded in: 1999
prof. Wojciech Domitrz, Ph.D.
prof. Janina Kotus, Ph.D.
Konstanty Junosza-Szaniawski, Ph.D., D.Sc
Bogusława Karpińska, Ph.D.
Maciej Grzenda, Ph.D., D.Sc
- Laboratory of Information Technology
- Division of Algebra and Combinatorics
- Division of Analysis and Singularity Theory
- Division of Differential Geometry
- Division of Probability and Mathematical Statistics
- Division of Foundations of Geometry
- Division of Stochastic Processes and Financial Mathematics
- Division of Integral Equations
- Division of Functional Equations
- Division of Partial Differential Equations
- Division of Ordinary Differential Equations
- Division of Applied Computer Science and Computation Methods
Fields and modes of study
|Field of study||Full-time study||Part-time study|
|Computer Science (with English as the language of instruction)||x||x|
Main scope of research:
Mathematics: universal algebra, multivalent analysis, complex analysis, noncommutative geometry, differential geometry, projective geometry, symplectic geometry, geometry of convex sets, combinatorics, financial mathematics, numerical methods, stochastic processes, probability; partial differential equations, mathematical statistics; theory of games, graph theory, shape theory, singularity theory, control theory, ordered set theory, algebraic topology, general topology, dynamic sets, applications of mathematics (in biology, genetics, quantum physics, geology, mechanics, metrology, finance and insurance).
Information science: data analysis, computer-aided design, geometrical modelling, parallel calculations, neural networks, artificial intelligence, decision-making facilitation.
00-662 Warsaw, ul. Koszykowa 75
tel. 22 825 4508, 22 234 7969