The Warsaw University of Technology is the oldest Polish technical university. For over 180 years, it has been educating generations of engineers, thereby making a significant contribution to the development of technical sciences. University authorities and academic teachers guarantee a high level of education. New fields of study are launched, new laboratories created, cooperation with the industry and foreign centres is developed. Warsaw University of Technology is the place where tradition meets modernity.
Reasons to study at the Warsaw University of Technology:
- We’re the first! – title of the best Polish technical university, awarded by the Rzeczpospolita and Perspektywy ranking, every year for 7 years.
- The highest percentage of graduates who take managerial positions.
- 19 faculties and 1 college, where classes are conducted by circa 2500 academic teachers.
- 32 fields of study, including studies with English as the language of instruction.
- Distance-learning via the Internet (Centre for Distance-Learning – OKNO PW).
- Business School = 20 years of tradition of management education.
- Cooperation with over 180 foreign universities.
- Advanced information system, rich library resources (circa one million volumes in the Main Library).
- Warsaw University of Technology Development Programme, co-financed by the EU within the framework of ESF, which ensures a high level of education and adaptation of the didactic offer to the demands of the job market.
- Thriving Careers Office, which helps students find their first jobs.
- Over 5500 places in halls of residence, rich sports and tourist base.
- Over 100 registered student research groups, organisations and student associations.
- Numerous cultural and entertainment initiatives: concerts, festivals, exhibitions.
- Academic choir, song and dance company, entertainment orchestra, theatre, as well as student media (student portal, internet TV and radio, cultural monthly).
- University Sports Club AZS PW and successes of our basketball and volleyball players.